Sunday, August 21, 2011

26.2

As I drive around I often see "26.2" stickers on the back of people's vehicles. I now know that this signifies the person's accomplishment of completing a marathon. I immediately think highly of the person in the vehicle! So much can be said of the commitment, perseverance, and determination it takes to complete all 26.2 miles.
Another type of marathon begins for so many tomorrow as we welcome the beginning of a new year. Much like in a marathon, we begin excited and ready for the new adventure, face tough moments throughout the race, and end proud of our accomplishments.
When I see the 26.2 stickers I tell myself that there is no way I could complete a marathon. However, this will be the first time in 23 years that I will not be beginning a new school year marathon, either as a student, teacher, or administrator. There are so many possibilities for the upcoming year, and I wish you all the best.

Enjoy the beginning of your new race! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment